Pfister Roman tub faucet anchor wont fit new faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

jwasyod

Reaction score
I am trying to replace my roman tub faucet. It has a quick connect anchor and current models say they connect but underneath the faucet is only a small hole maybe 1/2" for shank to go into. Old faucet had large opening where faucet could go directly on top of shank. Is there a way to make these new faucets fit. I dont want to open up tub enclosure. The picture is of the old shank that old faucet sits on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,955

jwasyod

Reaction score
I have the new avalon. The customer service rep said it would work but opening on bottom is only as wide as hole in anchor in picture. It wont go over anchor. Only rests on top.

jwasyod

Reaction score
Is there a way to change anchor. Part number 975-525 was mentioned as replacement. However i tried to remove anchor and wasnt sure it was possible to remove. It came loose but there seems to be a plate underneath that i cannot access.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The later adapters connect with an Allen screw over the riser. The earliest ones were a solid piece, so I don't know which one you have. But, I also don't know how YOUR spout would connect to the riser. Does it have internal threads to screw on to a pipe?

jwasyod

Reaction score
There is no allen screw on anchor so i am assuming the one piece. Does that mean it cannot be removed without getting under it. The old spout was pushed down onto the anchor pictured and then allen screw held spout to anchor. The new spout doesnt have opening large enough to go over anchor

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I am confused. Are you sure you do not have a sink spout, because my Avalon drawing shows a spout with a large opening that fits over part# 971-425 spout anchor assembly which IS an adapter similar, but not the same, as the one on your deck, and the spout mounts with an Allen screw. In fact, that would be the ONLY way you could attach the spout after the tile was done, and there is no way it could be installed before the tiling. How about a picture of YOUR spout, both top and bottom.

Last edited:

shartley

Reaction score
I had the same issue with trying to retrofit a new trim kit on my older Pfister Roman tub spout. I found no adapters available but had already retrofitted all my other bathrooms and sinks. I decided to make my own adapter which works beautifully. I had it machined online for $230, which was worth it considering what I had already spent on the upgrades. Now, my problem is the old spout hardware is loose and I can't figure out any way to tighten it from above. So, I'm still not done with this mess yet. Any suggestions for tightening this thing?
Pfister Tub Adaptor 1.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks