Pfister lav faucet water flow cuts out after 10 seconds

Users who are viewing this thread

Pman6

Reaction score
[h=1]Pfister G149-6002 Pfirst Series 8-Inch Widespread Bathroom Faucet[/h]
^Pfister G149-6002 faucet
This is a "watersense" water conserving faucet. But I don't know if the problem has something to do with this.

When I turn on the faucet, it flows nicely, and then 10 seconds later, I hear a suction sound, and the water flow cuts in half.
it seems like when the water flow is too high, the faucet senses it, and cuts the flow.

To get it to flow at max rate again, I have to turn off the faucet, and turn the knobs open just a little, rather than all the way.

Is this normal operation?

are you aware of faucets that automatically cut flow of water ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
You may have those flood stop water supplies and they think the flow is so great there must be a leak. Get rid of them and install real pipe to the faucet

Pman6

Reaction score
I didn't change the valves.
the supply valves are normal brasscrafts, not flood stop type.
the old faucets didn't have this behavior.

I have 2 of these pfister faucets, and both display the same behavior

all the plumbing under the sink is normal stuff. so the problem must be inside the handle mechanism?

the hose connecting the handles to the spout is the clip-on kind.

here's a pic of the layout- pfster.jpg

Last edited:

Pman6

Reaction score

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Disconnect the supply lines to the faucet, get a bucket. Direct the outlet to the bucket and turn the shutoff back on. You may find that the shutoffs no longer shut off. Sounds like there's a chunk of maybe a washer in the supply line that gets pushed up when you turn the faucet on, then falls back down again when off.

Price Pfister

Pfister Faucets
Reaction score
Website
www.pfisterfaucets.com
Hello Pman6,

We're sorry to hear about the problem you’re experiencing with our faucet. We'd like to see if we could help address this issue quickly. Our Consumer Service Team just needs some additional information to proceed.

Please provide:

* Any other specifics on the issue you’re experiencing
* A method to contact you (ex. email, phone, etc.)
* Best time for contact (ex. mornings, evenings, etc.)

Please send this information to us at pfistersocial@bdhhi.com.

We apologize for your inconvenience and look forward to resolving this matter as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

The Pfister Team

Pfister is a part of the Stanley Black & Decker Hardware and Home Improvement (BDHHI) Group.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks