PF/2 Energizer-actuater valve breaks

Users who are viewing this thread

Timothy1960

Reaction score
PF/2 Energizer Valving Schematics Needed

PF/2 Energizer Valving Schematics Needed after friend:mad: took it apart and I'm stuck reassembling his mess. I'm having trouble figuring out the inlet side.

aardvark_rich

Reaction score
AArdvark_Rich here...I finally decided to give my second PF/2 the heave-ho - note, this is the one with the Factory IMproved Design Flush Valve (with adjustable screw actuator deally) - The valve body would not seal - even after replacing the hold-down screws with "larger diameter" screws and then finally installing brass inserts - it would work for a few days and then start whinning again - I found the Sloan Flushmate retrofit kit on-line for $119 shipped - installed in 20 minutes and provides the delivery service that the effluent treatment plant desires.

Funny thing is, the other toilet is the one I fixed, as detailed in an earlier post (a design dutifully improved by another MacGuyver-type). It still works. Go Figure!

roverdog

Reaction score
Aardvark_Rich....,

Thanks for the GREAT solution to this problem!! We've had this toilet for about four years, and for the most part it has been "working" fine (few annoying problems with the handle falling off, and the flush valve "leaking"..., but the pressure assist worked great. Haven't used a plunger in four years).

Anyway, finally the actuator shaft did break, and I wasn't about to spend $124 (or now $200) on a replacement tank, or even $44 for a new valve. I implemented your idea for $1.53 (brass screw and fitting) and so far it is working great!! I did however, have to make one modification to your fix. I had to add a small amount of epoxy to the brass fitting just to seal it. Without that, I was getting a slight pressure leak through the pin and brass fitting, and the tank would never stop "gurgling". Anyway, that did the trick.

Thanks again for saving me a couple hundred bucks!!!!

Roverdog

blackknife

Reaction score
I have 2 Elger PF2 toilets. One of them was nothing but trouble starting about 6 months after installation. I had to constantly take out the little red ball, clean it & reinstall it to get a good flush. The other never gave me issues until recently. It started leaking from the water supply stub where the braided supply line connects to. I have removed it, and replaced the inside gasket numerous times, but even after putting teflon tape on the threads and flange it still leaks. I have also replaced my braided supply line, so that's not it. It leaks right where the stub comes out of the bottom of the tank. Also, is it normal for there to be water in the tank? There is usually about an inch of water in it.

Does anyone know where I can get JUST the black supply line/threaded inlet/nut/gasket that can be seen in the RK 150 kit (bottom right corner of pic below)? I don't need anything else from this kit, and I can't see paying so much money for the entire kit. I'll replace the toilet before I do that. $120 seems a bit steep for a couple of gaskets, hose, plastic and cartridge when you can buy a descent new toilet for a few bucks more
PF2RK150.jpg

Thanks,
Jeff

Oneunder

Reaction score
Hello folks.
I have a Crane 3612 retrofit with a Flushmate unit and am now in need of a replacement trip lever mechanism.
I called Flushmate in detroit and was told to call American Standard.
I called American Standard and they do not carry the part.
What good is a Flushmate unit if you can't get the tank lever and inside rod?
Does anyone know of a dealer in Canada or the U.S. that may handle these?
Thanks

Cate

Reaction score
This mechanism exploded and flooded my house

I know this is an old thread, but I was searching for information about the PF/2 Energizer assisted flush toilet mechanism. We had this toilet for as long as we've lived in our house which is 6 years. I don't know how old the toilet is, because it was there when we bought the house.

Last weekend it literally exploded and flooded the house. We know it exploded because it was in shards, as well as the ceramic lid to the tank was also in shards, and water poured out for hours until it was discovered by our dog walker. (we were out of town, of course!)

Question is: Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? We are working with insurance on the damage, but does anyone know of any recalls or other such incidents?

One thought our contractor had was that the water pressure from the city spiked and that's what caused the mechanism to explode.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Insurance will cover everything except the deductible. It won't pay for the plumbing, just the damage that the plumbing caused.
Has a pressure assist toilet done that before?

Yes.

And that pressure assist manufacturer went out of business years ago.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I would avoid like the plague any pressure assisted toilet other than the ones that use the Sloan Flushmate system....
I don't care much for them but the track record of every other company that has made one is pitiful in comparison...

The only repair I would do on one is the Sloan Upgrade....
Or, replacement of the toilet with a fine new Toto Toilet...

abutler80

Reaction score
PF2 Model: 150-403 problem toilet

I recently bought a house with this toilet installed in the second floor bathroom. It leaks when flushed. It looks as though the leak is coming form the rubber seal under the toilet tank itself. I have replaced this seal with one bought from Lowes. It is still leaking, I do not see any cracks or other reasons for the leak. My question is do I need a special seal due to this being a high pressure tank? I was so fed up with it at one point that I purchased a new (regular) tank and installed it. It would not flush at all! So I figure this was the reason that the high pressure one was installed upstairs. Having acquired this property as a foreclosure I am unsure if the toilet ever functioned properly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
A tank to bowl gasket from the hardware store will probably not work. More power to the tinkerers...but for some of us that is out of the question...REPLACE the energizer module with a retrofit from sloan. They make retrofit Flushmates to fit the major brands which used the PF-2. Just google it.

I have a Sloan Flushmate in my house from 1992. Never any problems. Replaced the supply group once and the cartridge about 3 times in that period.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks