Pex Wirsbo uponor tool

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by hydroflow, Sep 21, 2009.

1. hydroflow

hydroflow Professional Plumber

I am about to buy a Wirsbo expanding tool (manual). I met the local distributor and he is trying to sell me the auto rotating head. Has anyone used this rotating adapter and if so is it worth the additional $150 or so?

Thanks,

Hydro Flow
  2. seaofnames

seaofnames DIY Senior Member

No. Just spend the extra few seconds spinning it yourself. Unless you are doing a ton of work with this tool, its not worth it.
  3. Basement_Lurker

Basement_Lurker One who lurks

The self rotating heads are really only worth considering if you are buying a powered expander.
  4. hydroflow

hydroflow Professional Plumber

Thanks guy's. talked to the local distribution rep. He confirmed your opinions. Said the rotating head was not reliable. Spring loaded mechanism works perfectly until you put it in a tube then the spring is not strong enough to turn it.:)