PEX to shower body questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Rockycmt

Reaction score
My first time doing a shower body in PEX. Few questions

1- Is 1/2 enough diameter? I see the body cavities are just as small so I guess this is just fine.
2- Crimp vs Cinch. I been using Cinch for other jobs around the house. This will be the first Pex job buried behind a wall with tile. So I ask. Which is best? More reliable?
3- Pex to the body will be a tight 90 bend. I rather not put strain on the pipe even with support 90 brackets. Is it ok to put 90 fittings to make the turn into the body? Is this avoided?

TY in advance

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
1. Is this for each individual run? 1/2" pex can easily carry about 4gpm, which is fine for one showerhead.
2. Prefer the expansion system, but any one, done properly, works. There's less restrictions in the expansion system...that's why you need to expand it to insert the fitting. The ID ends up larger.
3. It all depends on the radius of the curve and the type of pex you are using. If the curve is within the limits of the pex, it's fine. Otherwise, use a fitting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks