pex to copper fixture stub outs

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by remodelbob, Jan 22, 2008.

1. remodelbob

remodelbob New Member

what is the best method to stub out a pex supply line?

i was planning on using some of these pex to copper ells

[​IMG]

but I was wondering what the best way to secure them is? should i run some blocking behind them and strap to it and then put one of those copper plates with all the holes in front of it?

i have also seen some of those ells with a nailing plate on them, is that a better solution?

Terry, you seem to always have the perfect picture for these things. Do you have an example of a pretty PEX stubout?

Thanks.
    Rob
  2. Rancher

Rancher Guest

That picture brings up a question... do you need any water hammer arrestors when using PEX?

Rancher
  3. Herk

Herk Plumber

Probably the ideal way is to use a copper stub bracket and solder the stubouts to it.

[​IMG]
  4. Herk

Herk Plumber

No - the plastic pipe is noise-limiting and absorbs the pressure variations.
  5. remodelbob

remodelbob New Member

Should I also strap the ell to some blocking or will the bracket be enough?

Thanks
  6. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

You may have missed the suggested step...solder the el to the bracket. That should be plenty to hold it in place.
  7. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The PEX is quiet and absorbs shock.
    My inspectors still like to see arrestors on washers, dishwashers and icemakers if they system is closed.

Closed would be if there is a PRV on the line, or a check valve, which the city sometimes puts at the water meter.