Pex ring removal tool (Sharkbite 23055) Adjustable or not?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Its.me.again, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Its.me.again

Its.me.again New Member

I am new to pex tools (I am just a homeowner) but am buying some for working on friends mobile home water lines.

OK..... so I buy the 23055 pex ring remover tool at one Home Depot store. Then I go to another different Home depot store in the area a couple of months later and see the same tool, but this one has a tiny plus/minus knob to adjust the cut.

Which one of these a newer version of the same tool? Also is this tool used to cut both "Crimp" and "Clamp" bands?

Even when I look on the Sharkbite website I swear I am looking at misrepresented pictures of products. Like they show the Crimp ring tool pictured with clamps...etc.

Thank you
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The clamp//cinch rings, which I think you are referring to, are stainless steel so it is unlikely the ring removal tool would cut them. I can't imagine why the removal tool would have a +/- setting because all it has to do is cut through the ring into the tubing, which is NOT a precise cut, since you already has to cut the tubing at the fitting to get into it.