PEX Line Size?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by jones6826, Aug 25, 2011.

1. jones6826

jones6826 New Member

I feel a little stupid asking this but it always confuses me. Hoping someone can spell it out for me.

I’m trying to run a line from my water heater to my refrigerator thru the attic using pex line. I plan to tee off of the line going into the water heater, its ¾ NPT, into a water filter that has push to connect fittings molded into the housing. The hose into the filter measures 3/8†OD. Is this ½ inch line and fittings or do I need to use 3/8 line and fittings?

The line in to the refrigerator measures ¼†OD. What size tube is this?

I appreciate any help you could give me

Thanks,
    Shannon
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

For the 3/8" OD line, you will need a shutoff with 3/8" OD compression outlet; the incoming can be 1/2".
    From the 3/4" line, you will need a 3/4" by 1/2" tee for that.

The icemaker line is 1/4" OD
    They make shutoffs with 1/4" compression outlets.