pex insulation

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by peltaz, Oct 15, 2009.

1. peltaz

peltaz New Member

I haven't really thought of this but just read about it on this forum. I have Wirsbo Pex running through an uninsulated crawlspace in southern AZ. Is it worth insulating the supply lines running through there?
  2. FloridaOrange

FloridaOrange Plumbing Designer

Do you experience freezing conditions? In S. Florida we don't so supply lines are rarely insulated.
  3. peltaz

peltaz New Member

We get a couple of freezing days a year. Sometimes in the 20s for a few hours.
  4. FloridaOrange

FloridaOrange Plumbing Designer

You are likely OK. If your lines are not exposed to the elements (I mean outside of the underneath of your structure) they are likely alright.

If you are concerned however, insulation is cheap and not too dificult to install.
  5. peltaz

peltaz New Member

Thanks. Something to think about.