PEX for home fire sprinklers?

Users who are viewing this thread

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes i put a roof top system in for a friend of mine in l.a.

Some years ago his house was at the back of a cul de sac that back up to a brush covered

hillside

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Be sure he tests it about now as the mud bees pack the nozzles most years. Saved a rental house and my commerical shop in the same fire with 100$ worth of rainbirds and a 10year old generator. Someone on line even offers a sensor system to kick it in with temperature changes. FOX and ABC made a big thing filming my house as the last standing with the single 1" rainbird running. Never got a thank you card from my insurer, however!

The one house that survived above me [I killed the fire path] - the owner was trying hard to sell and would have preferred it burned. Weird world.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote;And by the way, a local reputable builder is giving turn-key houses stick built, 1400 square feet for $46 per foot. No joke

The "joke" will be on the buyers in a few years, because, unless he is very altruistic, he CANNOT build a "quality" home for that price, even without the slab. Maybe he could throw in the slab for $48 a foot. $64,000 is about what John F. Long was selling homes for around here in the 70s.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks