PEX Connectors for Hydronic Heating

Users who are viewing this thread

LarryK57

Reaction score
All,

First let me say that this board is the best thing I have found on the internet in a long, long time. Thanks to all the information I've gotten from the various postings my wife and friends think I can fix a rainy day! ;)

Here's my situation: I am replacing an old cast iron radiator in my bathroom with a Runtal flat panel, wall mounted unit. (model UF-2, 36"x2"x6", mounted 4" off the floor) Very cool! Rather than run new copper to the old connections in the basement, I was thinking about using PEX. It seems like it would be much easier to run through the sill plate and connect to the main system. My question is: can I use standard brass compression fittings (with the inserts) to make my connections? As I understand it, as long as the tubing is supported from the inside with the insert, it should work just like copper. Thanks for the help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks