PEX Connectors for Hydronic Heating

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by LarryK57, Mar 7, 2005.

1. LarryK57

LarryK57 New Member

All,

First let me say that this board is the best thing I have found on the internet in a long, long time. Thanks to all the information I've gotten from the various postings my wife and friends think I can fix a rainy day! ;)

Here's my situation: I am replacing an old cast iron radiator in my bathroom with a Runtal flat panel, wall mounted unit. (model UF-2, 36"x2"x6", mounted 4" off the floor) Very cool! Rather than run new copper to the old connections in the basement, I was thinking about using PEX. It seems like it would be much easier to run through the sill plate and connect to the main system. My question is: can I use standard brass compression fittings (with the inserts) to make my connections? As I understand it, as long as the tubing is supported from the inside with the insert, it should work just like copper. Thanks for the help.