PEX Cinch Fittings - Mixing Brands

Users who are viewing this thread

BMWpowere36m3

Reaction score
That's what I'm doing and checking the crimps with the sharkbite go/nogo tool. Worked for me and no leaks.

BMWpowere36m3

Reaction score
I take it back... I've been using the crimp rings (Sharkbite w/ Apollo crimper) and NOT the cinch clamps.

leak_chaser

Reaction score
This is what I have been able to figure out so far.

The SharkBite and Apollo cinch tools use different sized gauges for calibration. The SharkBite gauge is thicker than the Apollo one, so the SharkBite tool has a wider gap. Which means that maybe the pipe and/or clamps are NOT interchangeable. I would like to know which.
It also must mean that the tools are not interchangeable, although it may be possible to make them interchangeable by re-calibrating them to a different gap.

The brass crimp fittings are the same diameter on the barbs from both brands, so the fittings should be interchangeable.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks