PEX branch for bathroom vs. individual lines off main branch

Users who are viewing this thread

EthylOH

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm about to run the PEX for my bathroom. I'm adapting from 1/2" copper main to a 3/4" PEX line.

Will it make any difference if I run a branch off the main for my bathroom versus individual line off the main for each fixture?

If I run a branch, I can get away with one set of shut-off valves for the whole bathroom (shower, tub, toilet, sink).

I've added a pic to show what I mean.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• pex_branch.jpg
    pex_branch.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 262
Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Individual uses more length pipe and may be more work. Many run a "manifold" with many outputs, and many of those manifolds have individual shut-off valves for each tap.

Individual will get hot water to come out of the shower sooner because the line has less cooled water to displace.

For shutoffs, you want a shutoff right at the toilet and normally for the lavatory faucets, even if you have individual shutoffs

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks