Pex bend supply source

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by JB_3, Jul 19, 2010.

1. JB_3

JB_3 New Member

Hello,

This is my first post and I hope the topic is appropriate.

I've added a water softener to my home system. I'm using PEX to route a new line from the entrance pipe to the external hose bibs on the front and rear of the house.

I'm located on the east side of Cincinnati, OH. My problem is that I cannot find a local source for 3/4 PEX bend supports (i.e. http://www.pexsupply.com/Wirsbo-Uponor-A5150750-3-4-Plastic-Bend-Support-2129000-p.

I only need 4 and can easily find them online, but shipping costs more than the parts.

If anyone is from the area and knows a local supplier that I could purchase a few from, I'd appreciate it. I've been to Milford Winnelson and they had a few 1/2 but do not carry 3/4. They also had no suggestion for where to try.

Thanks,

Jim
  2. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

Why not just use fittings? You should be able to find them locally.

John
  3. wallskev

wallskev New Member

Just Mail order them.
  4. JB_3

JB_3 New Member

One of the advantages of PEX is making long runs without fittings (i.e. restrictions, possible failure/leak points, etc.). I'd like to take advantage of that.

I don't need a sharp 90, but I'd like to have a 90 that's tighter than the pex holds by itself.
  5. JB_3

JB_3 New Member

See original post. I have a problem with paying $11 shipping for $6 worth of product if I don't have to.

Part of the request is to get the 3/4 pex bends, part is to learn/discover where good plumbing supply houses are in my area for future reference.
  6. Doherty Plumbing

Doherty Plumbing Journeyman & Gas Fitter

Look in the your local yellow pages or search google....