PEX ball valves - Lead vs. Lead Free

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark Olenick

I've got a good memory. It's just short ;-/
Reaction score
OK so was searching for some 1/2 in PEX ball valves online since I'm looking to purchase 20+. During my search came across some that seemed lets say "too reasonable" Reading the fine print they said "only for hot water system use, not lead free". Since this is the first time I've run across this (I know I live a sheltered life here in NW PA); is it a new EPA / DEP requirement or are the just cheap knock offs. On a more general note does that mean any brass fitting may contain lead?

Just looking for some insight.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Chefwong

Reaction score
Law came into effect....low lead fittings only for potable water. Hence a majority of the fittings, etc that once was okay to use in any application, cannot be used for potable water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks