PEX and recirculating hot water system - branch, home runs, or?

Users who are viewing this thread

JeffeVerde

Reaction score
As part of a bathroom remodel, I'm replumbing with PEX and adding a recirc loop on the hot water. It's an L-shaped single-story ranch, with hot/cold supply in the garage, 50' from the two bathrooms I want to replumb (one at the corner of the L, and the second 10' down the "leg"). I'll run a dedicated return loop, but I'm stuck pondering how best to do the supply side.

Normally I'd do manifold/home-runs, but not sure how that fits with a recirc loop -- seperate returns, branched return, check valves,...? Or do I run one line supplying both baths, with the return loop at the last drop? If I do a single line supplying both baths--- one of the baths has a multi-head shower and a large tub, both with 3/4" valves -- would I run a 1" supply? (seems overkill since both baths are currently supplied by a single 1/2" copper run -- pre-remodel with the bigger tub/shower valves)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks