Peroxide injection = Less Sediment?

Users who are viewing this thread

BIGBREW

Reaction score
Recently added a small shot of peroxide to my other water treatment. Plumbed it in before my sediment filter which is before air injection and softener.

I used to have to change a sediment filter every week and they were black. Took one out today after three weeks and it's still white.

Does this make any sense?

Bannerman

Reaction score
Hydrogen Peroxide is commonly used for bleaching hair. Depending on what is accumulating on the filter cartridge, perhaps it is being bleached white by the peroxide. Just because the cartridge is remaining white does not necessarily mean there is no longer an accumulation.

What is the air injection system being used for?

Reach4

Reaction score
Hydrogen Peroxide is commonly used for bleaching hair. Depending on what is accumulating on the filter cartridge, perhaps it is being bleached white by the peroxide. Just because the cartridge is remaining white does not necessarily mean there is no longer an accumulation.
Innovative. Unlikely, I think.

Water Pro

In the Trades
Reaction score
Recently added a small shot of peroxide to my other water treatment. Plumbed it in before my sediment filter which is before air injection and softener.

I used to have to change a sediment filter every week and they were black. Took one out today after three weeks and it's still white.

Does this make any sense?
Black usually indicates the presence of manganese. H2O2 is good at oxidizing manganese. can you post pics of your system. what are you using for air injection?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks