Perforated down spout tubing

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by marc5688, Jun 28, 2007.

1. marc5688

marc5688 New Member

I have been landscaping for some time now, and it has come into question as whether to use perforated corrugated tubing or tubing that does not have the perforated holes?

I am burrying the down spouts for my customer with perf tubes and the irrigation company on site has voiced their concerns on the type of tubing that I am using.

I have used perf tubes for years with no problems

Any opionions, either way

Marc
  2. Mr_Pike

Mr_Pike New Member

I see it both ways all over.

There are arguments for both. If you have trouble with water in your basements in the area, then I would personally install the non perforated version. If you have decent drainage, the perforated version won't hold the stagnant water and tends not to clog in that late winter early spring freeze thaw time. Tell the homeowner you will use what he prefers, but explain why you use what you do, and that different contractors use different stuff.
  3. Kiril

Kiril New Member

Each site is unique. Use the appropriate pipe for the situation.