pentagonal shower -- valve placement

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by LouRocco, Jul 30, 2008.

1. LouRocco

LouRocco New Member

Hi All,

I'm putting in a pentagonal shower that measures 38" x 38" on the square sides. Just wondering if there is a "best place" for the shower valve / head? My gut tells me in the middle (i.e. about 19"), but then there's a little voice that says more toward the corner. One slight problem with the middle is that there's timber in the way.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
    Lou
  2. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

It's funny i've never heard anyone use that term before "pentagonal" i actually had to look it up.
    I've always refered to it as "Neo-Angle".
    I've only seen the valve center on the wall usually pointing towards the hinges of a pivot door.
    If the door opens in the center it wouldn't matter which wall.
  3. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I guess the timber wins!
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

valve

Put the valve wherever it is easy to reach when the door is opened. The shower head itself can go anywhere.