Pending bathroom remodel, asking first

Users who are viewing this thread

SoDakDave

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a bathroom remodel coming up, and part of that is going to include relocating the drain and water lines for the sink from the floor into the wall (No more s-trap!). As I am wont to do, I started thinking. The washer and dryer are right on the other side of the wall from where the sink is, and I'm going to have it all open on this side, and those supply lines and drain are not in the wall, and....

Well, first things first. Before I get into the drain side of the plumbing, I wanted to see about the supply side. Is there any issue with me teeing off the supply lines for the sink in the bathroom, and then continuing on to supply an in-wall box for the washer?

If that works, I'm going to move the drain for the washer into the wall in that box too, but I'll get that all drawn out and make another post to make sure I'm on the right track with it.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can tie the washer into the lav water supply, however if the shower or the tub is involved it creates some issues.
Normally on a bathroom group, I will have two fixtures on 1/2". That would be the tub and the lav. A washer is like a tub in that it fills full force when it comes on. Whoever is in the shower when that happens could be surprised if that happens.
I would take a look at what you have to see what you have now. If the lav is already coming of the washer lines, but lower down, it doesn't change what you've had. Coming off higher would be the same.

Last month I did a repipe of an older 60's 3 bath home where I came off the water heater with four 1/2" lines. One for each bathroom and one for the kitchen/washer.

Last edited:

SoDakDave

Reaction score
Thanks Terry!

Currently the lav is isolated, and the toilet and tub are chained off another run. The washer has an isolated run coming up through the floor in it's room.

It's going to be some work, but I think it'll look good in the end.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks