Pegasus series 7000 cold water faucet cartridge removal

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by shawv, Oct 10, 2007.

1. shawv

shawv New Member

I need help with Pegasus series 7000 cold water faucet cartridge removal.
    I took the screw out of the handle and can grip the part that the screw goes into with needle nose pliers, but I can't get it out of the housing that goes around the cartridge. I have turned it 360 degrees while lifting it and it wont come out. I have also attempted to turn the houseing that the cartridge goes into but it won't turn.

I am having a problem as I turn off the faucet it turns off about 1/2 way back and as you continue to the stop it turns back on.

HELP!!!!
  2. shawv

shawv New Member

Here is a picture
    Pegasus 7000 cold water valve removal.JPG
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I am sure you need to remove that bell shaped trim to access and repair the stem. It probably just unscrews. If you have trouble , the Pegasus/Glacier Bay toll free number often is helpful. The phone number can be found on the instruction sheet, or just go into a depot store. The number is printed on the outside of every glacier bay box.