Pegasus series 7000 cold water faucet cartridge removal

Users who are viewing this thread

shawv

Reaction score
I need help with Pegasus series 7000 cold water faucet cartridge removal.
I took the screw out of the handle and can grip the part that the screw goes into with needle nose pliers, but I can't get it out of the housing that goes around the cartridge. I have turned it 360 degrees while lifting it and it wont come out. I have also attempted to turn the houseing that the cartridge goes into but it won't turn.

I am having a problem as I turn off the faucet it turns off about 1/2 way back and as you continue to the stop it turns back on.

HELP!!!!

shawv

Reaction score
shawv said:
I need help with Pegasus series 7000 cold water faucet cartridge removal.
I took the screw out of the handle and can grip the part that the screw goes into with needle nose pliers, but I can't get it out of the housing that goes around the cartridge. I have turned it 360 degrees while lifting it and it wont come out. I have also attempted to turn the houseing that the cartridge goes into but it won't turn.

I am having a problem as I turn off the faucet it turns off about 1/2 way back and as you continue to the stop it turns back on.

HELP!!!!
Here is a picture
Pegasus 7000 cold water valve removal.JPG

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I am sure you need to remove that bell shaped trim to access and repair the stem. It probably just unscrews. If you have trouble , the Pegasus/Glacier Bay toll free number often is helpful. The phone number can be found on the instruction sheet, or just go into a depot store. The number is printed on the outside of every glacier bay box.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks