Pegasus and quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Thanks, Terry. By the way, you may be the person I want to ask: I noticed someone listed as a moderator made a statement to the effect that it's hard to use "Pegasus Faucets" and "quality products" in the same sentence. I just bought a beautiful pull-down Pegasus kitchen faucet with brushed nickel finish made in Italy from Home Depot. I am wondering specifically what that person was referring to. What is bad about them? Does this negative view include those made in Italy or just those made in China? I have not yet installed it, but I don't want to keep something that causes constant problems. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Bree

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
Problems

:eek:

They don't have replacement parts in any store i have been in. This is a deciding factor for me. It would take days for any replacement parts to come in. They don't seem to last for more than a few years.

Hope that helps you.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The problem with Pegasus is that it is not a COMPANY...it is a Home Depot brand label. Most Glacier Bay and Peg. are made by Globe Union, so at least that is a company with a North American presence. ( way north...Canada!!!) but they do support their products well. But some Pegasus are also made by Paini in Italy, and Xiamen Lota somewhere east of there. The support for those is not well established.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Pegasus

When you need a part for it, you talk to an "expert" lady at Pegasus, and after you describe the part you need, she sends you the one SHE thinks you should have.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks