Peerless Probs

Users who are viewing this thread

Buster55

Reaction score
Have installed a Peerless shower and tube faucet Model # 875 405. This is a single lever setup with an adjustable hot / cold water stop regulator.

Our shower is a shower stall with no bathtub. We need to bathe our golden (dog) periodically. I have tried replacing the Peerless faucet with a faucet that has a diverter built in and then hook up a shower head on a wand to the new faucet. The problem is that when I pull up the diverter lever on the faucet it doesn't want to divert to the wand spout but instead the water diverts up to the shower head as before with the Peerless faucet.

I have also installed a diverter valve on the shower head pipe. When the switch is turned on this diverter there is no water coming out of the shower head, that's good, however there is no water coming out of the diverted spout.

I know this sounds long winded but if anyone has a suggestion I'd greatly appreciate it!

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
I have very little experience with this kind of thing, but my guess would be that your problem might stem from something like a diverter's need for one flow path to be much shorter than the other and containing only water in oder for it to hold the valve closed. But, I could be way off there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks