Peerless kitchen faucet leaking at base of spout!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Nards01

Reaction score
I have an older model (model # unknown) Peerless two handle faucet that is leaking at the base of the the spout. I assume that the o-rings need replaced. But, there is a cap on the top of the spout neck that appears to screw off so that you can remove the spout to get to the o-rings. I tried using a monkey wrench but it won't loosen. I'm afraid of turning it too hard for fear of damaging it. Is it possible that it is a reverse thread?? Any suggestions - I'd appreciate it. Also, if you are familiar with this unit maybe you can provide me with model number. THANK YOU in advance for any help.

Nards01

Reaction score
HJ - thanks for your response. One other question - if I attempt to unscrew the cap will too much pressure cause damage. Is cranking a monkey wrench on it about the only way to get the cap off??

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks