Pedestal Sink

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by rhyno406, Mar 17, 2009.

1. rhyno406

rhyno406 New Member

I am going to be installing a pedestal sink in our bathroom. I have been researching them and can't quite get the information concerning quality that I want. We recently bought a Toto drake toilet. There was a plethora of info on different toilets and their quality. Is there the same type of diversity among pedestal sinks and their quality, or are they more cut and dry. If you have any recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2009
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Haven't seen a comparable set of info for sinks.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

sinks

Water goes into a sink ffrom a faucet and drains out of it through a drain fitting. The sink is nothing other than something to hold the water between the two actions. There is NOTHING to rate about them or compare them with.
  4. rhyno406

rhyno406 New Member

That about clears it up, thanks for the info.
  5. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The shape of the sink and the projection and stream size of the faucet and the type of drain probably make more difference in your perception of the sink's performance. Get the wrong faucet and it might just careem out of the bowl, but this really has nothing to do with whether it is a pedestal sink or not. A grid drain that has holes small enough and no overflow often means that it won't drain well. Again, more related to the faucet chosen than the sink (although the overflow in the sink does make a difference).