Pedestal Sink Mounting Bracket

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by RL1964, May 25, 2008.

1. RL1964

RL1964 New Member

Hi everyone, I purchased a WaterRidge (which I think is made by Danze) pedestal sink from Costco a couple of years and either did not get mounting brackets or lost them. I cannot for the life of me find anything! Home Depot has nothing and I cannot find anything on the Net, even at the "large" plumbing supply sites. It seems like such a simple part! Doesn't anyone make generic ones that fit multiple sink manufacturers? UGH!:)
  2. krow

krow Plumber

Some pedestal sinks do not come with mounting brackets. They rely on the pedestal leg and 2 - 3/4" holes behind the sink (if it has any). The 2 holes behind the sink would be for bolts to lag into the wall.

Check the design of your pedestal sink to see if this is the case
  3. RL1964

RL1964 New Member

I wouldn't really call them "holes" per se. They are more elongated "slits" I'd call them... I don't even see how a bolt head would fit through...
  4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

It may be tough to take this but buying plumbing fixtures from Big Orange or, Blue Box would be a quantum leap in quality over what you will find at Costco.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

holes

The "bolt head" does not go through them. The bolt, or lag screw, goes through the opening and the bolt head stays outside with a washer between it and the sink.
  6. RL1964

RL1964 New Member

I'm sorry I am having a tough time envisioning that...
  7. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Picture a lag bolt shaft with a machine screw threaded shaft on the other end (no head, just shaft). You use two nuts, tighten them up against each other, screw the lag bolt end into wood blocking in the wall, then take the nuts off, slip the shaft through the hole in the sink, install a washer, lock washer, and nut on the shaft to tighten it up. SOmetimes they are called a hanger bolt. Pick a pair up at any good hardware store in various thicknesses. Sometimes you can find them at a big box store. Obviously, get one that will fit through the slot in the sink. If you don't have something solid in the wall to anchor it to, you should tear up the wall and install some.
  8. krow

krow Plumber

Here is a pic of a hanger bolt.

Screw the bolt into the wall, place the sink so that the holes line up with the bolt, then place your washers and nut.

Attached Files:

• HBPC.gif
      HBPC.gif
      File size:
      7.1 KB
      Views: