Pasco shower liner and preformed corners

Users who are viewing this thread

LiamM

Reaction score
Hi all -

I was at a job today where I installed a Pasco 40 mil liner, and *tried* to install their preformed corner (where a curb butts into a wall) with their solvent cement.

I had watched their video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA4PiNkatus) and cut the liner like they did at the 7:15 mark. But there was so much corner buildup from folding the liner itself, the pre-formed corner wouldn't stay down. So I ended up removing it within a minute or two.

So a couple of questions

1. Their video goes through the steps of gluing the preformed corner, but they don't get it flat either (7:39 mark). You can clearly see gaps between the liner and the corner. Is that to be expected?

2. I wasn't able to get all the solvent cement up. Can I try to glue the corner on a second time over this residue? If not, is there anything I can use to remove it?

I've tried contacting Pasco, but no phone # on their website, and looks like they're done with email for the day.

Thanks in advance.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The bigger question is why, if this was not for your own tub, you would even take the job. That liner is going to be a problem from the day it is installed, and YOU will be the one who has to keep coming back to fix it.

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
I had a tile guy fired today. The dumb*ss didn't do a preslope......then he laid the pvc liner and cut it around the 2" pipe I stubbed up and was starting to lay tile.

I asked why didn't you call and ask for me to set the drain????? His response..."I thought it was a new way to do it and the drain goes on last. WTF???????????LOL

I advised the homeowner to pay him alittle somthing and send him on his way. She did. LOL

We ripped it all out and a new tile guy is coming on Thursday. One that understands what a preslope is and what a clamping drain is used for.

LiamM

Reaction score
Thanks folks.

I ended up ripping out the liner and installing a new one. Some money out of pocket, but I told the customer I didn't feel confident that the preformed corner would give a reliable seal.

This time I didn't make any cuts, and was actually able to get a fairly tight fold, albeit with some build up. It's flood testing overnight, will check it after 24 hours. I'm hoping I can bend the metal lath fairly tight to the curb, and help hold down any play in the liner folds.

JW - thanks for the link. I haven't used Noble products, but I'll check it out. Always good to have more options to call upon.

hj - client was initially going to go for kerdi adapter drain and kerdi membrane, then changed their mind and wanted to try and keep the budget down.

hackney - funny you mention that. I had to undo what the last tile guy did....PVC liner, but no pre-slope, nails through the top of the curb and about 1" off the floor, used cement for sloped bed instead of deck mud, and clogged the weep holes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks