Part identification help

Users who are viewing this thread

Seaweed

Reaction score
hi can anyone help me with purpose of this part that was the first thing on the water line between the well and the t to the pressure tank on my water system in my home?

Is this part necessary on my line it looks like it reduces water flow before pressure gauge but due to poor pressure in the house will running without this part improve pressure?

Second picture shows where I changed out the part and installed new direct flow hose because I suspected it was plugged due to no water entering the home but it turns out that my three wire submersible well pump is probably the cause. Got a pro coming tomorrow morning but I need more info to prep for water flow after pump fix.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 113

Reach4

Reaction score
The pictures are fuzzy. The big white thing is probably a solution tank, possibly to hold chlorine or other solution.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks like a micronizer used to pull in air in to help eliminate smells and/or oxidize the iron in the water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks