Pandora Internet Radio

Users who are viewing this thread

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Have you heard it yet?

http://www.pandora.com/

I've been listening a lot lately.
Just type in an artist, band name, or, music style and it starts playing your request and similar artists. The selections are solid and tell you the truth I haven't had one song that was a bad mix to my selection that would have made me want to change a station on a radio.

Macman

Reaction score
I've been using Pandora for a couple of years now and I really like it. I just fire it up and leave it playing in the background while I work in other programs or on other Internet pages. If you find that it starts playing songs that you don't like and you give them the "Thumbs Down'" it really does tweak the selections towards music you will like. It's also worth taking the trouble to give songs that you really like the "Thumbs Up" because it also helps the same way.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Entered "Redwood" and started listening to "The Redwoods station".

He's damn better at music than he is at plumbing!

Last edited:

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Mine is fasdewy57 and added you to my friends list.:)To Mr RatZ

Accepted your friend invite :) oh the www.planetrfx.com I do not currently DJ there my music collection poofed on me a while back but I am rebuilding. Do check out the DJ's there though. They are just average Joe's and Jane's from around the world that like to share their music with others. Grokly likes to do a Dr Deminto type show.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I have about 25 stations set up on Pandora. I always use the thums up/thumbs down feature, and it does seem to "learn" about your preferences when you do that.

Anybody want to share their station preferences?? Don't laugh when I list some of mine:

Cher
Queen
Abba
Pat Benatar
DooWop
Danny and the Juniors
John Fogarty

etc

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I used to listen to Dr. Demento on WBCN in Boston back in the late 60s...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks