Panasonic Inline FV30NLF1

Users who are viewing this thread

Rshackleford

Reaction score
Website
www.agriindustries.com
I would like to use the FV30NLF1 to vent my master bath and bedroom. Basically the master bath and bedroom are one big room. The bath has a shower, free standing tub, and stool. The bath is 6' wide x 20' and the bedroom is 18' x 18'. They both share the same open vaulted ceiling.

I am having troubling finding a 6" vent for the eve and I have a very tight heel on the truss to try to get the vent through. I would like to use about 15' of 6" al flex duct, a 6" x 4" reducer, 6' of 4" duct, and a 4" eve vent hood.

Thoughts?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A 4" round duct has nearly 55% less area than 6" round. So, the fan would have the equivalent of a 4" duct, and maybe less depending on elbows and the friction from the distance traveled and the reducers. The spec sheet usually indicates the performance of the fan with various allowable ductwork and sometime sizes. If those reductions can still give you the desired airflow volume, it should work, but my guess is, it will reduce the output too much to be effective for your application.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I did not look at this particular Panasonic fan, but on the last one I installed, it had some detailed charts on air flow based on the duct sizes and length...have you dug out the spec sheet? I'm pretty sure it was also in the installation instructions, which, if you haven't bought it yet, are all available on their website. Some of them have DC motors, and can adjust to maintain a desired airflow (within limits), so it may be more versatile than some other choices.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks