Pan for steam radiator?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Bruce, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Bruce

Bruce New Member

I live in an older building which uses a steam radiator for heat. Under the radiator, the wood floor had buckled due to leakage. Though the radiator no longer leaks, I've just had the floor refinished and would like to safeguard against future damage. I've heard that it's possible to get a metal pan to place under the radiator to catch small leaks, but so far I've been unable to find anything specifically for this function.
    Does anyone know where I can find one?
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

pan

Have a sheet metal shop make one to the necessary specifications. But you will have to remove the radiator to install the pan.
  3. Bruce

Bruce New Member

pan

Thanks for the info, hj.