Packaged heat cool unit costs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
I am offered a new 3 ton/90m BTU packaged hvac unit for 800$ Mfg warranty included.

That seems to be 1/3 less than market. What do you guys in the trade pay wholesale for something in that range?

13 seer, 80% effic. bottom or side ducting.

Deal or no deal?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You are right that it is at least 2/3 below wholesale, it is likely below dealers cost, and may be less than what it cost the factory to produce it. So , you have got to ask yourself the Clint Eastwood million dollar question: "Do ya feel lucky, punk? Well, do ya??"""

I would want a good explanation why. Is it stolen? Did some contractor end up with it and just can't deal with keeping it around, and wants to get a few bucks out of it?

Zl700

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Pkge units are commonly stolen from distributor lots since they are stored outside. When a unit like that gets stolen the serial # is sometimes reported to the manufacture that voids any warranty in the system. In addition should a local claim be made you may have the police knocking asking you about receiving stolen merchandise.

I could be wrong but the old saying goes " if it's sounds to good to be true......."

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
My thoughts also - that's what it seems like- stolen or broken. But its from a major dealer closing out 2 discontinued units. Meets Ca. NOX requirements. They will take it back if DOA. Made by York.

Is York decent quality and planning to stay in Business?

I think this is just one of those results of the depression we are in. Not many rooftops being built for a place to put these. [?]

So wholesale would be about 2300$ ?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Yes, I think a York in that size would be around that number. possibly a little less. Distributor selling price. Price to end usercustomer of course marked up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks