P Trap question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by justme, May 3, 2005.

1. justme

justme New Member

I am in the process of installing a bar sink outside on my lanai. I hae puntchured the wall for the drain that will connect to my kitchen drain. My question is my drain pipe is higher then my sink drain. Will that cause a draning problem? Thanks for the advcie
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

drain

NO way to tell without seeing how you make the connection.
  3. captwally

captwally New Member

Just remember that water seeks it's own level
  4. justme

justme New Member

Well

To ask a silly question? My drain pipe (exit) is higher the the bottom of the sink. Will that creat a problem for draining?
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

drain

The water in the sink that is higher than the drain will empty normally. But once the level gets even with the drain in the wall it will stop draining and the water level will stay at that point forever.