P-trap install

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by lhoward145, Apr 17, 2008.

1. lhoward145

lhoward145 New Member

Removed fiberglass shower and building a ceramic tile shower. Will be installing Kerdi drain. If I place the new Kerdi drain on the existing 2" PVC vertical that exists the P-trap, the Kerdi drain will be 6" off the bathroom floor. That is to high given that I also need at least 2" above the drain for the curb.

Question: Can I replumb the P-trap by moving it vertically down so the Kerdi drain can be lower? This will put bottom of P-trap near bottom of horizontal waste pipe.

Thanks
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

From the outlet of the p-trap, it has to slope down from there.
  3. lhoward145

lhoward145 New Member

Not sure I understand. Can I reposition the P-trap lower?

Thanks
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

trap

Unless it was not installed properly in the first place you cannot lower it. but, if it was to an existing shower, it should already be low enough and you just have to shorten the riser pipe.
  5. lhoward145

lhoward145 New Member

Got it. Thanks for your help and time.