Overvoltage

Users who are viewing this thread

horse

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a pumptec on a deep well pump. In mid summer and winter the pumptec never trips for overvoltage. In early spring or late fall it constantly trips for overvoltage. Any thoughts? Could power company be pushing more during these times or less electrical pull on warm spring day cause
this.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If you are not popping light bulbs and TV's, I think the overvoltage is just a nuisance trip from a device that should not even be looking at voltage.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Really a under voltage is what causes problems. Over voltage not so much.

Just the wire length and voltage drop, can make a Over Voltage at the top of the well a good thing, because the motor will see less when the motor draws current.

Voltage drop because of breaker resistance and loose connections is what I would look for.

Or maybe you have other things connected to the breaker that is tripping.

Good Luck on your project.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks