Overlay tub is cracked at drain. Anyway to fix???

Users who are viewing this thread

kcscott1975

Reaction score
My dad had an acrylic or plastic tub overlay put in sevreal years ago and it has cracked around the drain allowing water to get in between the tub and overlay. The company that did instalation is no longer around and other companys just tell me they will install new tub overlay. Dont want to spend 2500.00 to replace it. Is there any way to repair this?

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
Replace the tub. For $2500.00 you could have a new tub and tile. If you go this rout also change the faucet as you will have the wall opened up.

John

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
overlay

Overlays do not cost $2,500.00. If they did they would not sell a single one because you can do a complete replacement and repair the walls for less than that. Give the amount of work involved they should install for about $600.00, complete. Any greater than that and a new tub is a better deal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks