Overflow tube under sink that seems to no longer exist

Users who are viewing this thread

johnny steele

Reaction score
Can't find a replacement for my overflow tube that is attached to the bottom of my bathroom sink. The plastic were the hole for the p trap looks as if it is no longer the original shape, plastic has splintered off so no known washer will get a good fit. I wanted to replace the tube but all the plumbing supply stores tell me there is no replacement. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Of course, I don't know the make of the sink.

Attachments

• IMG_3784.JPG
    IMG_3784.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_3785.JPG
    IMG_3785.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_3792.JPG
    IMG_3792.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 173

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That part is SPECIFIC to that make AND model sink, so without a manufacturer, you are out of luck unless you get real lucky and someone recognizes it. That was a fairly common way to put an overflow on a "cast in place" sink so they did not have to try and make a passage inside the mold.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks