Overflow Outside Pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

bornelas

Reaction score
My husbands has noticed the white overflow pipe in front of our house has been overflowing with water. Twice he placed the cap ck on it and when we get home its wet around the pipe. What could the problem be and what dowe do to fix it?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have no idea what an "overflow pipe" is. I'll avoid the temptation to say that if the overflow pipe is overflowing, it must be working just fine. We just need more specific information like What size the pipe is, how far does it stick out of the ground, what kind of cap is on it (slip on or screw on) You might post a picture.

Wallskev

Reaction score
My bet it is a Condensation Drip from the Air Handler. The line is a 3/4 " PVC pipe that runs from the condenser inside your house to the outside, normally there should be a constant drip when the air conditioner is running.

You should also check at the Air Handler that the overflow from the pan under the unit is not the source and there is some other leak there. The pan should always be dry. and also have a drain line connection to the Condensation Drip line.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
She seems to say they put the cap BACK on it which would not be the case for a condensate line. But without knowing ANYTHING about the line we cannot tell you what, if anything, to do with it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks