Outside Faucet Ran Alllll Night - Cold Tap Running Dirty

Users who are viewing this thread

Keri

Reaction score
Please forgive my ignorance. And my four-year old. He likes to "water" the animals, and left the outside faucet on all day and all night. This was on top of doing five loads of laundry and bathing said four-year old.

Somehow, our well managed to NOT run dry. But when I ran the water this morning, it was sandy/dirty out of the COLD tap. Pretty darned clear through the hot tap. Also, the water pressure was around 20 pounds.

The pressure has since gone up, but the water is still a bit dirty. HELP. Do we need to flush the lines?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
LOL I have heard that story a hundred times. Kids washing their bikes, running a slip and slide, watering the animals is a new one. Got to love kids, but they always leave the hose running. A lot of times your pump will cycle on and off all those hours, which is really bad for the pump, and sometimes it is the last straw. Hopefully your pump is still good and the well is just stirred up from the pump going on and off for hours. I would just let it settle for a while and see what happens. If it doesn't clear up, flushing the lines maybe the least of your problems. But I would flush the lines when the water clears back up before I would worry too much.

Reach4

Reaction score
Somehow, our well managed to NOT run dry. But when I ran the water this morning, it was sandy/dirty out of the COLD tap. Pretty darned clear through the hot tap. Also, the water pressure was around 20 pounds.
I expect that dirt settled in the water heater. You might consider flushing your WH.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks