Outdoor sink

Users who are viewing this thread

BobL

Reaction score
I plan to install an outdoor sink about 12 feet from the cleanout of my slab home. Is it ok to tee the drain into the cleanout. Is a trap and vent needed?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sink

A trap and vent are definitely needed, and as to whether you can connect to the cleanout depends on how the cleanout is connected to the main line. Many inspectors do not allow that connection, but if the cleanout is properly installed, and if there are two cleanout openings within 16" of each other the odds are that it is, then it should work. If there is only one cleaount opening, then you have a 50/50 chance of it being usable.

marlachat

Reaction score
venting outdoor sink

I am trying to install a free standing outdoor kitchen with a sink hooked up to the sewer cleanout. Our inspector is ok with the hookup, but can't tell us how to direct vent the plumbing. (There are no walls around the outdoor kitchen). Any suggestions?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks