outdoor faucet lock

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by stoeckle, May 23, 2005.

1. stoeckle

stoeckle New Member

May 23, 2005

Back in 2002, Ben posted a question regarding an outdoor faucet lock. My problem is similar; I really need a way to lock my outdoor water faucet WITHOUT removing the handle. I live in the desert, and water is a very precious - and expensive - commodity. Someone is using our water, and our consumption this past month more than doubled. I want to control access to the tap, and my husband wants to be able to use the tap quickly in case of a fire. Any ideas, folks?
  2. captwally

captwally New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Apartment Complex Maintenance, Professional Chef
    Find some Industrial Supply catalogs such as MSD or Grainger, or find them on the web. They have complete lines of OSHA compliant lock-out devices and such. You can find a thing that actually goes over the entire hose fitting that secures with a padlock. They even have ones for huge valves such as you would find in a factory setting.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. epijk

epijk New Member

Aug 24, 2005