Outdoor Faucet Leaks

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Bob Walter, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Bob Walter

Bob Walter New Member

My Outdoor Brass Faucet has a vacuum breaker or anti syphon relief feature leaks out of the vacuum relief when the faucet is opened. It appears that the rubber washer inside the vacuum breaker is cracked, though there also were fragments of rubber in the valve, trash?
    Problem: I cannot determine the make of the faucet- it is brass with a brass cap on the vacuum breaker, unusual compared to the others I have seen.
    Question: What make valve is this and can I buy a repair kit for it? Hard to believe an old chemical engineer (84) can't solve this problem.
    HELP Please
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Suppose maybe it might have helped the pros on the forum ID the faucet if you had posted a picture? Just saying.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

A brass cap is unusual.
    Any markings at all?
  4. Bob Walter

Bob Walter New Member

Picture attached. valve is 20 years old, but no markings. Is there an "O" ring missing inside the relief valve.
  5. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

No picture
  6. Bob Walter

Bob Walter New Member

How do I upload a picture? Loaded but can't seem to get to this thread. After browsing I don't see mechanism to transfer to message.Help Bob walter
  7. DavidSeon

DavidSeon New Member

First, create a reply to the thread. Before completing and submitting the reply :

If you have already uploaded the image as an Attachment, first click on the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom of the edit window, then click on the "Attachments" icon at the top of the Advanced edit window and select the image you want to add to your post. (The "Attachments" icon is not available on the default "Quick Reply" edit window.) The "Attachment" function is convenient for images you may want to add to multiple posts in the future.

If you want to add an image which you haven't already uploaded as an Attachment, just click on the "Insert Image" icon which is available at the top of either edit window.
  8. Bob Walter

Bob Walter New Member

Thanks. After I load the image I can't get back to my reply thread ?? Solve Please