Outdoor Faucet Leaks

Users who are viewing this thread

Bob Walter

Reaction score
My Outdoor Brass Faucet has a vacuum breaker or anti syphon relief feature leaks out of the vacuum relief when the faucet is opened. It appears that the rubber washer inside the vacuum breaker is cracked, though there also were fragments of rubber in the valve, trash?
Problem: I cannot determine the make of the faucet- it is brass with a brass cap on the vacuum breaker, unusual compared to the others I have seen.
Question: What make valve is this and can I buy a repair kit for it? Hard to believe an old chemical engineer (84) can't solve this problem.
HELP Please

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Suppose maybe it might have helped the pros on the forum ID the faucet if you had posted a picture? Just saying.

Bob Walter

Reaction score
Picture attached. valve is 20 years old, but no markings. Is there an "O" ring missing inside the relief valve.

Bob Walter

Reaction score
How do I upload a picture? Loaded but can't seem to get to this thread. After browsing I don't see mechanism to transfer to message.Help Bob walter

DavidSeon

Reaction score
First, create a reply to the thread. Before completing and submitting the reply :

If you have already uploaded the image as an Attachment, first click on the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom of the edit window, then click on the "Attachments" icon at the top of the Advanced edit window and select the image you want to add to your post. (The "Attachments" icon is not available on the default "Quick Reply" edit window.) The "Attachment" function is convenient for images you may want to add to multiple posts in the future.

If you want to add an image which you haven't already uploaded as an Attachment, just click on the "Insert Image" icon which is available at the top of either edit window.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks