Out door bollard lights

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by jimbo, Mar 31, 2012.

1. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Can anyone recommend a brand name, so I can look at an online catalog? At my condo, we have lights on either side of the driveway entrances ( 4 fixtures total). They do not need to provide a lot of light...just marking the entrance. We have some pagoda-type fixtures, about 15" high, probably have 100 watt bulbs. Anyway, over the years we have repaired or replaced them dozens of times. They either get kicked by teenagers walking by, or knocked by the landscapers.

I am thinking of something more subtantial, like a bollard light. I have found the Fresno Bollard by Spaulding, but they are $500 a pop. Looking for something along that line, not necessarily that tall, but slightly less expensive.
  2. jwelectric

jwelectric Electrical Contractor/Instructor

This is about the price of the fixtures I was installing 15 years ago
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

This is not the taj mahal here. Obviously the cheap pagoda lights we are using have not served us well, but I was hoping to find something :"in the middle".
    5½ is what the Fresno bollards from Spaulding run.