Our shower fixture looks good but doesn't work!

Users who are viewing this thread

maggie

Reaction score
After lots of shopping, we chose a Rohl 5 function shower head and a Rohl 6" shower arm. We also chose a Rhol thermostatic valve. It all looked great in the store (we discussed the choices with the sales person) and we discussed the placement (height) of the shower head on site with the GC. What no one seems to have noticed until now that it is installed, is that the shower head does not angle out far enough to clear the thermostatic controls or to really give a wide enough range of motion for the shower head. It seems to be a combination of having a short arm and a not very mobile head. I don't know if this is something we should have noticed ourselves, but we didn't. Now we have to figure out what to do--what are the options? Should we replace the arm, the head, or both? (the cost of the head and arm aren't that much--it's the reinstallation $ I fear) Is this something the GC 's plumber should have noticed or asked about?
Thanks--

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The plumber is obligated to install according to the installation instructions provided by the manufacturer. If he did this, or if you did not give him any installation specs, it is not up to him to decide that you purchased a unit whose design and function do not please you.

maggie

Reaction score
Thanks--sometimes I don't know what areas are within my responsibility or someone else's--always a learning experience. We'll have to find a replacement, but this time I'll be more cautious! Is this a complicated change?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks