Our brand new cast iron kitchen sink just... self destructed... help!

Users who are viewing this thread

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
Thats unbelievable.
Cast iron and the coating flecked so profusely under such small stress.
I've said this before, I'll say it again.
A lot of MFG's jump into new lines of products that aren't their specialty and it backfires.

Alectrician

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
That's the coolest thing I've seen all day.

I wouldn't have believed it. GREAT documentation!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drains

We couldn't get the drains out of the sink, though. When I spoke to the store manager at M----- last week, he said they had tools in the store and could help us with that if needed. So we loaded the car and brought the sink with drains to M-------. They returned the old sink without any problem. The plumbing dept manager couldn't get the drains out of the sink, either, so he gave us brand new ones at no

You probably installed them using silicone and got it in the threads which welded everything together.

MsNetters

Reaction score
Porcelain is popping off my Kohler sink

We have a cast iron & porcelain Kohler sink (divided) that's about 9 years old, and tonight the porcelain started to pop off the edge of the center divider. (I came across this website/msg board while trying to research why this is happening!). I checked out the video you posted on YouTube, and this looks like my sink, with one exception - the sections of porcelain are popping off with such force, sections as well as tiny shards of porcelain are flying several feet from the sink. This has been happening for about 2 hours now. There weren't any visible cracks, chips or any abnormality on the sink that might explain why this is happening. Our sink is installed the same as yours, dropped in and silicone sealed, no screws, etc to cause pressure. Curious if you were able to find out a cause from the manufacturer. I'm actually a little afraid of my sink! Got a beach towel laid over it to prevent anyone from being impaled by flying porcelain. Very weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

Backglass

Reaction score
Perhaps if Hillory and Bill Clinton are re-elected,
they can sell off more of our knowledge to the Chineese
like they did back in the 90s for a nice kickback...

Hang on now...why has King George done nothing about it for nearly EIGHT years then? Doesn't he want to "right" this terrible Clinton "wrong"?

Sound like an "axis of evil" to me and right up his alley. :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks