Opinions (good/bad) on Laurel Mountain or American Standard Air Tubs

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by akmacs, Feb 12, 2010.

1. akmacs

akmacs New Member

To make a long story short, the 5x32 whirlpool tub I had ordered could not take the in-line heater that the store said it would so I am going to order another model (looking to go with air injectors instead of whirlpool jets) and wondered what the opinions are between the two brands. One difference I see is that laurel mountain claims that no mortar base is required which I am taking with a grain of salt at this point. The price points are fairly close, about $1680 for the american standard 2425 and $1370 for the laurel 183846.

For that matter would also like to hear opinions on air injectors versus the whirlpool water jet tubs.

Thanks!
  2. akmacs

akmacs New Member

Looks like Laurel Mountain is not well known, or maybe just air tubs in general. I did order a laurel mountain air tub from Lowes. Oddly enough the laurel mountain website does not even show the model I ordered. I'll post some pics when it arrives for anyone else that may consider them in the future.