Opinion on vanity and plumbing rough-in

Users who are viewing this thread

navarrod

Reaction score
I'm in the process of redoing my bathroom and working on the vanity next. I'd like to see if my trap layout here works (left photo). The existing vanity I ripped out had the the drain running down into the floor, it was rotted at the subfloor and feel very lucky it didn't leak. If you look at the photo, I have the sink drain running toward the wall, taking a 90° down to an s-trap and finally connecting to PVC at the floor. Seems like the best option since I need to work around the existing copper piping and make sure I have enough clearance for the drawer (right photo). Thanks.

Attachments

• vanityRoughIn.jpg
    vanityRoughIn.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 511

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
You have some strange fittings in there. A p-trap should be in the horizontal part. You need a tail piece on the sink drain then the p-trap should start at the sink tail piece. Go over horizontal to a sanitary-“T” with one going straight down into the floor and you could put an air admittance valve (AAV) on the other end, up near the top of the cabinet.

http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/why-does-my-kitchen-sink-smell-119977/

Studor Mini-Vent (AAV)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks