Opinion on repairing my sink link:

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Stuart P., Apr 18, 2005.

1. Stuart P.

Stuart P. New Member

Opinion on repairing my sink

I've decided to go ahead and look back into the wall and redo the CPVC from inside the wall out including the valves. From my previous post, my CPVC T is leaking right before the valve. It is the T and pipe seal, not the Valve. I'm figure I might as well do the complete thing brand new including the dishwasher pipe and valve also as this is about 5 years old.

Looking at the attached picture, should I rebuild it exactly like it is now or should I do anything different?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

cpvc

Bring a single pipe out and then attach a double stop valve to it, or a single stop with dual outlets.
  3. Stuart P.

Stuart P. New Member

Forgive my ignorance, but what does a double stop valve look like? I found a single stop with dual outlets so I know what to look for if I go that route. I would think that I want to stick with a metal valve, correct?
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

valve

A double stop has two outlets and a handle on each end so you can turn either pipe off without affecting the other one. Not usually a big concern but some people want the convenience.