Opinion on repairing my sink link:

Users who are viewing this thread

Stuart P.

Reaction score
Opinion on repairing my sink

I've decided to go ahead and look back into the wall and redo the CPVC from inside the wall out including the valves. From my previous post, my CPVC T is leaking right before the valve. It is the T and pipe seal, not the Valve. I'm figure I might as well do the complete thing brand new including the dishwasher pipe and valve also as this is about 5 years old.

Looking at the attached picture, should I rebuild it exactly like it is now or should I do anything different?

Thanks.

Attachments

• water3.jpg
    water3.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

Stuart P.

Reaction score
hj said:
Bring a single pipe out and then attach a double stop valve to it, or a single stop with dual outlets.

Forgive my ignorance, but what does a double stop valve look like? I found a single stop with dual outlets so I know what to look for if I go that route. I would think that I want to stick with a metal valve, correct?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

A double stop has two outlets and a handle on each end so you can turn either pipe off without affecting the other one. Not usually a big concern but some people want the convenience.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks