Oohrah Happy Birthday Marines 232 Years

Users who are viewing this thread

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
Had lunch with My Heroes Yesterday. Some were at Iwo Jima, Others at The Chosen Reservior Korea ! Bless Them All

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
God Bless our countrymen and women who have served, currently served, their families who have struggled through dedication, and those injured/disabled that live day to day, fighting for our freedom.

Always remember that someone died for the cause of freedom, I'm glad I don't have to wake up every morning driving past stranded cars wondering if it's a car bomb waiting to go off.

Toolaholic, you are a great american!

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
By any chance, do you have any association with vets who fought in Anzio? I have been putting a tribute together for my dad who fought in Anzio. He was in the first armoured division. I would appreciate any information. Thank you Tools. (If you should come in contact, you could have them PM me. )

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
Thankyou Rugged ,I'm not great at anything !

Cookie ,Yes I do have contact with many WW2 VETS. I'll be in touch ! :)

tgaf1949

Reaction score
newbie question...how to post messages, please

I am new and a senior. I do not see any link for posting new messages.
Can someone tell me how to do it.
Thanks
Terry

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Saipan_LCVP.jpg
280px-Approaching-omaha.jpg

My dad was Navy in the Pacific...he drove landing craft... Higgins Boat or LCVP (landing craft vehicle personnel) it was 35' 9" long the beam was 10', 225 HP diesel, Gray Marine, with 2 - 30 Cal. machine guns mounted on the rear of the boat. It would hold 20-25 men and their equipment or a jeep with 4 personnel. Made of mahogany with steel plate 1/2" thick to deflect small arms fire.

He as captain (coxswain) of his boat, would drive the Marines and combat engineers in to their beachhead.

He also would lay smoke screens to cover battle ship and destroyers and an LVT(R) (landing vehicle tracked rocket)

He joined at age 17 with a parents signature.

He was in Okinawa, Saipan, Eniwetok, Ulithi, and Tulagi.

Most of the vets were just mere kids when they served and so many gave their life for us before they could even experience it.

He is 81 now and still kicking.

WW2 vets are dieing at the rate of around 18-1900 per day.

We owe more than we can ever repay to all vets deceased and living.

ww2-135.jpg

Last edited:

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
I am new and a senior. I do not see any link for posting new messages.
Can someone tell me how to do it.
Thanks
Terry

When you're looking at the list of posts, inside any specific forum: there should be a button, above the list of threads, on the left-hand side, that says "New Thread". Click on it, the rest is straightforward.

Cookie

Reaction score
Yes, we do Cass. We owe them so much that we could never thank those soldiers enough. Someday, I will see Anzio. I will walk where my dad did at 17 and lost his youth, so future generations ( his kids) have freedoms. Little did he know then what his bravery would do someday.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks