Only lukewarm water in tub and shower

Users who are viewing this thread

barkeleyboy

Reaction score
My tub fixtures are older than I am (45.) Water temp and flow are controlled by a single lever. It's a Kohler brand lever. The problem is that I can't control the flow of hot and cold water independently. It appears to be a flow valve that only controls the amount of combined water, meaning that more hot water apparently gets me more cold as well. I'm really confused as to what to do. Access to the pipes is n ot good so I'd like to know what I'm doing before I do something unnecessary. Everything I've disassembled appears to be in order; it just appears to be an ill- designed system to me. But what do I know?
The shower and Tub temp were livable until I recently fixed a clogged pressure switch on my well pressure tank.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks